LANSING — The first annual Lansing Beer Week will take place from August 19 to August 25. This week-long celebration will feature Michigan craft beer themed events throughout the greater Lansing area. The goal of Lansing Beer Week is to raise awareness of the Michigan craft beer industry while promoting patronage to local establishments and stimulating the greater Lansing area’s retail economy and Michigan made products.
Lansing Beer Week was established by I’m a Beer Hound founder Paul Starr, and Motor City Tour Company founder Steve Johnson. Building on the successes of other city’s beer weeks, organizers are planning events to include a bar themed bike ride, retail store beer tasting, tap takeover bar events, beer and food pairing dinner, bar crawl, beer tasting boat cruise and a brewery bus tour. All of these events will feature Michigan-made beers.
Schedule of Events – August 19-25:
- Aug 19 – Sunday: Reno’s East-2-West / West-2-East – Bike Ride
- Aug 20 – Monday: Retail Store Michigan Beer Sampling Day
- Aug 21 – Tuesday: Michigan Tap Takeover Bar Event Day
- Aug 22 – Wednesday: Michigan Beer & Chocolate Pairing
- Aug 23 – Thursday: Michigan Craft Beer Bar Crawl – Stadium District Lansing
- Aug 24 – Friday: Michigan Beer Tasting Boat Cruise – Michigan Princess
- Aug 25 – Saturday: Michigan Brewery Bus Tour – 3 Breweries in Greater Lansing