New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer & Film Tour in Grand Rapids
Event features short films, New Belgium beer, and benefits Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition
Ft. Collins, Colo. – New Belgium Brewing’s annual Clips Beer & Film Tour is coming to Grand Rapids on Friday, July 15. This free event, now in its seventh year, features short films and a selection of small-batch beers with 100 percent of the proceeds from beer sales going to Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition. In total Clips has raised more than $659,000 for nonprofits, with close to $10,000 coming from Grand Rapids in 2015. The event kicks off at Ah-Nab-Awen Park at 8:00 p.m., with the films starting at 10:00 p.m.
“This year is actually New Belgium’s 25th anniversary, so we’re doing things a little differently,” said Christie Catania, Clips national special events manager. “We asked ten filmmakers to incorporate the year 1991 into their film, as a way to salute the year that New Belgium got its start. The films do a great job of bringing us back to the glory days of big hair, questionable fashion, and outdated technology!”
In addition to a night of films under the stars, Clips offers a venue where guests can try New Belgium’s most esoteric beer offerings. Many of New Belgium’s Lips of Faith beers can be hard to come by and Clips offers the best way to try them. Eleven varieties from Lips of Faith to brewery classics will be available in 3-ounce samples, 12-ounce pours, or cans. For a complete list of beers available at the Grand Rapids stop, click here. Food from local food trucks will be available for purchase: Gettin’ Fresh and A Moveable Feast.
New Belgium, promoters of environmental stewardship, encourages attendees to think twice about throwing away trash, with a significant amount of waste diverted from landfills at each stop. In addition, all locations will have bike valet, encouraging people to ride their bike to the showings.
Clips Beer & Film Tour – Grand Rapids Stop
Friday, July 15
8:00 p.m., with films starting at 10 p.m.
Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition advocates for safer and more accessible bicycling in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
High Five Program
Admission – free
3 oz. sample – $1.50
12 oz. beer – $6.00
- You will be asked to prove that you are old enough to enjoy an adult beverage. Please bring your government issued ID. No ID means no beer!
- Bring low chairs or blankets – or lounge on the grass!
- No outside alcohol – leave the libations to us.
- Picnics are welcome, although you might want to check out our local food vendors before you bring your own!
- Bring your water bottle. We give water away for free. Look for the tall blue signs and stay hydrated!
- We LOVE dogs. If you choose to bring Fido, please come prepared to keep your dog under control, on a leash, curbed, and by your side.
- Walk, ride your bike, carpool, take public transportation…please.